Perhaps you’re in this article because you’re looking for something cool, like a subwoofer! Well, the best way to have a good music in your car is actually to add a subwoofer.
In regards to that, a bigger subwoofer will make wider boom. And that’s why you must decide on the size of the subwoofer you need for your car. Now in this case, we’ll be talking about 15 inch subwoofers as we see them very effective in producing quality sound output rather than any other sizes.
Well, let’s talk about it more and read on!
Let’s Compare 15 Inch Subwoofers
1. Rockville W15K9D2 15″ 5000w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 2-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
What You Get With Rockville W15K9D2 15” Subwoofer:
With this 15 inch subwoofer from Rockville you’ll get a peak power handling of 5000 Watts, 3” 4-layer black aluminum voice coils wound with OFC wire which is 100% copper and made in Japan. It is one of the most crucial parts to make the subwoofer last longer and high-quality.
Moreover, it comes with a double stacked 190 oz. high quality magnet. With its cast aluminum basket with black sanded finish, it makes it very lightweight and efficient. It also comes with cones which are ultra-stiff. They’re stronger and much thicker compared to other subwoofers on the market today, making it to handle more power.
- Peak power handling of 5000 Watts
- Comes with red stitching cone reinforcement that ensures long life
- Nomex Spider gives long-term reliability, strength, and tear-resistance reliability over regular cotton and poly cotton spiders
- Uses the highest grade black glue that handles extremely high temperatures that allow woofer to handle even more power
- High BL magnetic motor gap
- Has a larger hole size
- Pulls a lot of power from the battery
Top FAQS on this unit:
1. Can you put 2 subs with 8000W and run each sub at 3000W and Max the amp out at 6000W?
2. Is the listed Xmax 1 way?
3. Are these the new version with the corrected voice coil issue?
-Yes, and they’re very powerful too.
4. How powerful of an amp do you need to run 2 12s?
-Any amp that generates 1200 amps.
5. Are these subs better in a ported or enclosed box?
-They are amazing in a ported box.
What Take On the Rockville W15K9D2 15” Subwoofer?
For what these subs can do the price is definitely worth it. It’s awesome to have a company producing competition grade product at very reasonable price ranges which is very refreshing. Rockville is an absolute kick in the industry’s balls.
Rockville W15K9D2 15” subwoofer hit incredibly hard. They work great even if you power two of these with a dB 15 6000 Watt Rockville amp. It’s crazy how big its magnets are, and the amount of air they can move.
2. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-15 Punch P3 DVC 4 Ohm 15-Inch 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak Subwoofer
What You Get With Rockford FOSGATE P3D4-15 Subwoofer:
This 15 inch subwoofer is part of Rockford Fosgate’s best performing Punch P3 series that deliver a monster 1200W of peak power handling. The P3 subwoofers now feature anodized aluminum dust caps and cones, along with unique spider venting to keep the motor much cooler compared to recent versions.
Furthermore, they also feature a so-called “VAST” technology that increases surface cone area for up to 25% and a FLEXFIT basket for extreme installations. Moreover, a new hybrid stamp-cast basket delivers the best of both worlds by giving extra strength while significantly reducing resonance and weight.
- Comes with STAMPCAST basket with integrated spider venting
- Soft touch rubber over-mold for convenient grip
- Incorporated with protective PVC textured magnet cover
- High-temp voice coil with spun-laced NOMEX re-enforcement collar
- Anodized aluminum dust cap and cone
- Warranty offer is not that great
- Missing a quite something when it comes to ultra-low frequency bass notes
Top FAQS on this unit:
1. What would be the best amplifier to push just one of these subwoofers?
-Any class D amp 500W to 2000W
2. Are these dual voice coils?
-Yes. Make sure you don’t put more than 1500W amp to them in parallel
3. Can you run 3k of power to 4P3 15’s?
-Yes. Though you probably need some additional batteries
4. How do you connect this subwoofer with the amp R1200-1D in 2 ohm?
-You must check this: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/wiring-wizard/
What Take On the Rockford FOSGATE P3D4-15 Subwoofer?
Rockford Fosgate subwoofers utilize anodized aluminum voice coil formers that can give superior heat dissipation of up to 100 degree at full power levels. Compared to conventional plastic substitutions, aluminum acts like a heat-sink to immediately dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil. This maintains subwoofers cool during high SPL conditions.
In addition, power handling on Rockford Fosgate subwoofers conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This implies that your speaker comes with the capacity to handle power under constant demand. Also, its Flex Fit frame uses slots rather than single screw sized holes. This permits slight adjustment of the speaker upon mounting.
And lastly, with its vertical attach surround technique; it significantly improves the speaker’s effective radiating cone area without any complex installation issues. The result can give up to 25% more effective radiating cone area for the same unit speaker.
3. CT Sounds Strato 2.0 15″ D1-Set of 1 (Black)
What You Get With CT Sounds Strato 15” Subwoofer:
This subwoofer is the answer if you’re seeking for a unit that can manage high power wattages. This 10-inch car subwoofer doesn’t really need to be taught its duty as it delivers great.
Also, thanks to its low impedance which is worked in the voice coil, its output sound from this 10 inch subwoofer is really high. Take note that the CT sounds strato design was in agreement with Ohm’s Law.
It features a graded magnet that’s a form of iron which occurs in steel, and from the best in the world of magnets. This subwoofer is a favorite as it comes with a sturdy and cagey basket from.
- Offers controlled and nuanced sound
- Sounds punchy and detailed even at louder volumes
- As powerful as they come
- Composite foam made in the use
- Incredibly low impedance
- Make sure that the amp you’re using can power them
- Quite pricey
Top FAQS on this unit:
1. What size amp is best for 4 STRATO 8 inch subs?
-The T-1000.1 and the AT-900.1 are two good options
2. What type of box do you need for the best sound of this subwoofer?
-Compaxc box layout 8 inches
3. What’s the difference between the D1 and the D2?
-Their primary difference is that they offer you different wiring options. If you’re looking for a single sub then D2 is normally the better option.
What Take on the CT Sounds Strato 15” Subwoofer?
This subwoofer is excellently constructed and incredibly powerful. It is engineered to not only shake your car, but also to last for years of use.
CT Sounds Strato 15” Subwoofer is capable of handling an impressive 800W of RMS power and 1,600W of peak power. This makes it far powerful subwoofer on many 15” subwoofers out there. Whether you’re listing to classical, country, rock, or rap, this subwoofer will surely deliver you a vast, well-rounded sound output.
And lastly, with a double stitched paper cone, it gives some of the most subtle sound output you will ever get from a subwoofer. Constructed out of heavy-duty plastic, it is engineered to withstand a great deal of wear and tear.
4. American Bass XFL1522 15″ SUBWOOFER AMERICAN BASS DUAL 2 OHM VOICE COILS; 200 OZ. MAGNET
What You Get With American Bass XFL1522 15” Subwoofer:
A 12.5 pounds magnet adds to the sound power and clarity of this subwoofer. On the other hand, its 2 Ohm voice coils retain the keep the sound coming while you’re listening or playing your music.
Its overall dimensions come in at 18” x 18” x 13”. If you’re not sure of the mounting depth and cut out, you can check the manufacturer’s website. And lastly, you can use this subwoofer using a 1000 to 1500-watt amp. Just make sure to give it the right break in time.
- Great subs
- Beats a lot harder compared to an old Q power
- Best quality under budget
- Hits hard and sounds really great
- Impressive sound output and clarity
- Voice coil might tend to buzz
- Not really great customer service
Top FAQS on this unit:
1. What’s the cutout that you’ll need to make for a box build?
-According to AB spec sheet, it’s 353 mm.
2. Is this better ported or sealed?
3. What Amp would be best to push 2 of the XFL 1522’s for max power?
-Apparently, American bass recommends the VFL COMP 2.5k for these. You’ll need to do the math on the electrical system in order to see what you’ll need.
4. What year model are these subs?
What Take On the American Bass XFL1522 15” SubwooferAmerican Bass XFL1522 15” Subwoofer?
The XFL series speakers keep well-constructed for the production of best sound standard audio output and being among the best subwoofers out there. It keeps its built with a rigid construction with a clear evident sound output and power.
The American Bass XFL 1522 speakers have a peak power output of 2000W and an RMS of 1000W with a double 2 Ohms. Furthermore, it comes with a frequency of 31.5Fs, a 3 inch voice core, a paper core that is non-pressed, a roll of foam surround, and an aluminum basket.
With these impressive features, this subwoofer can adapt well to any environment producing great sound outputs which are of ethical standards at low energy consumption rate.
5. SoundQubed HDS3.1 1200W RMS Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer Series (10″ Dual 2 Ohm)
What You Get With SoundQubed HDS3.1 1200W RMS Subwoofer:
This subwoofer is the new pick for high-performance, affordable car sound systems. Its high-efficiency is built using a strong 3inch voice coil with high-temperature adhesives and coil wire for reliable, long-term performance.
Its double magnet motor is over-sized to give high output levels with control and accuracy. Moreover, its corrosion-resistant epoxy paint protects the plates, while enhancing the outflow of heat from the voice coil.
And lastly, the SoundQubed HDS3.1 1200W RMS subwoofer features back plate venting for better cooling in tight spots, direct leads and cast frame to preclude tensile slap.
- Power handling of 1200W RMS and 2400W Peak
- Comes with high excursion foam surround
- Non-pressed cone for optimum rigidity
- Incorporated with black electroplated bottom and top plates for extra cooling
- Comes with cast, steel frame
- Not enough warranty offer
- A little bit pricey for the quality
Top FAQS on this unit:
1. Can you use an audio pipe 2000W Apmi or the APCL 1800 on 2 of them?
-You can, just make sure that you have all the settings correct on the amp so you can get the clearest power to the woofers.
2. What cubic foot box for sealed?
-0.50-0.75 net for a sealed enclosure is recommended.
What Take On the SoundQubed HDS3.1 1200W RMS Subwoofer?
This subwoofer from SoundQubed offers a lot. These include, non-pressed cone with fiber reinforcement for optimal rigidity, conical back plate for greater voice coil travel.
In addition to that, it also comes with heavy duty push connectors for easy installation – which is up to 10 gauges. And lastly, it has a power handling of 1200W RMS/2400W Peak.
What is the Difference between Rockville W15K9D215 vs. Rockford FOSGATE P3D4-15 vs. CT Sounds STRATO vs. American Bass XFL1522, and vs. SoundQubed HDS3.1 Subwoofer?
All of the subwoofers we discussed above come in their own respective unique traits, which mean they’re all best at certain things.
For example, the Rockville W15K9D215 subwoofer comes with an astounding peak power handling of 5000W, while the Rockford FOSGATE features anodized aluminum dust caps and cones. On the other hand, the CT Sounds STRATO is one of the favorite in the market since it comes with a sturdy and cagey basket.
As for the American Bass XFL1522, it offers exceptional sound clarity and power. And there’s the SoundQubed HDS3.1 that comes with a double-magnet motor which is over-sized in order to deliver high-output levels with great control and accuracy.
For the most part, a 15 inch subwoofer is the representation of performance and power in terms of audio system. We highlighted the top 5 rated subwoofers on the market today. We discussed what types of features you must look out for when acquiring the right subwoofer for you.
What you want to do now is to highly consider your sound system needs in order to pick the right one. Again, each one of the subwoofers we featured above come in their own respective unique trait so it’s wise to base things on your needs.
Table of Contents
- Let’s Compare 15 Inch Subwoofers
- 1. Rockville W15K9D2 15″ 5000w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 2-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
- 2. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-15 Punch P3 DVC 4 Ohm 15-Inch 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak Subwoofer
- 3. CT Sounds Strato 2.0 15″ D1-Set of 1 (Black)
- 4. American Bass XFL1522 15″ SUBWOOFER AMERICAN BASS DUAL 2 OHM VOICE COILS; 200 OZ. MAGNET
- 5. SoundQubed HDS3.1 1200W RMS Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer Series (10″ Dual 2 Ohm)
- What is the Difference between Rockville W15K9D215 vs. Rockford FOSGATE P3D4-15 vs. CT Sounds STRATO vs. American Bass XFL1522, and vs. SoundQubed HDS3.1 Subwoofer?
- Final Thoughts