Let’s admit it — bowling is a fun and interesting game that can be played by everyone. It enables us not only to kill time but as well as create memorable moments. However, there’s a catch: bowling can be quite expensive, considering that you have to pay some money to rent shoes. But you don’t really have to rent bowling shoes — that if you have one.
It’s important to get a good pair of bowling shoes, especially if you want to save money, perform better, or if you are a serious bowler. Fortunately, there are countless bowling shoes out there. But since there are numerous brands to choose from, this makes it a bit difficult for bowlers to select the right product. We have compiled the best bowling shoes that you can find in the market today.
But before we get into that, let’s show you how to pick the right bowling shoes first. So, let’s not wait any longer and tackle the things to look for when buying bowling shoes. Let’s dive right in!
Things to Consider:
The size and fit are crucial when it comes to bowling shoes. It’s very important to consider the width of your shoe if you want to achieve the best comfort and performance. Choosing one that isn’t your size can affect your game negatively and throw off your balance.
Another thing to consider is your budget. You can get a bowling shoe for as low as $20 and as high as $100 and more. Before you decide to buy a pair, make sure to set a budget and search for bowling shoes within the price you can afford to prevent overspending.
- When purchasing a bowling shoe, it’s critical to choose the right type. There are 3 types of bowling shoes: rental, athletic style, and performance bowling shoes. Rental bowling shoes are an excellent choice for those who go bowling 2 to 3 times a year and they are way cheaper compared to athletic and performing shoes.
- Moreover, you might want to get the athletic style bowling shoes if you bowl at least once a week. Though athletic bowling shoes look like a typical sneaker, they greatly fit most beginner to intermediate bowlers. They commonly come with a sliding sole that provides you more control in the game.
- Consider having a performance bowling shoe if you play at tournaments regularly or you’re a serious bowler. These bowling shoes are fully customizable to slide length, performance, and lane conditions, making them a great choice for advanced and expert bowlers.
Selecting the right pair of bowling shoes is quick and easy — that if you have an idea what to look for when buying one. The tips above will help you find your ideal bowling shoe with little to no effort.
Let’s now show you the best bowling shoes out there!
Top 10 Best Bowling Shoes Reviews
1. Brunswick Edge Men’s Bowling Shoes
If you are looking for a comfortable and affordable bowling shoe, then the Brunswick Edge might suit you well. It’s a great pair for those who bowl occasionally. The design of the shoe is simple and stylish — it does not look cheap at all!
- Simple and stylish design
- Offers comfort and perfect fit
- Made of high-quality materials
- Perfect for amateur bowlers
The Brunswick shoes are way inexpensive than other excellent bowling shoes so don’t expect for more. It’s great for beginner bowlers but it might not suit expert bowlers very well. If you bowl once or twice a week, then better spend more.
2. Dexter Kerrie Bowling Shoes
You might want to get the Dexter Kerrie shoes if you’re tired of wasting money renting shoes at your bowling alley. These shoes look like sneakers and have a stylish appearance. The Kerrie is durable, fits true to size, and provides comfort.
- Good for beginners
- Constructed of soft materials
- Great value
- Durable and sturdy
Dexter shoes are a bit small and narrow so it’s not for people who have wide feet. You might want to avoid this one if your feet are big or wide as this can be quite uncomfortable to wear. This is greatly recommended for casual bowlers that play a few times a week or bowlers who have a small to medium-sized feet.
3. BSI Men’s Basic #521 Bowling Shoes
The BSI bowling shoes come with a lightweight rubber sole, sliding sole, and leather upper. It’s designed for both right and left-handed bowlers and has a sleek, modern design. If you are looking for a decent pair of affordable bowling shoes, then better purchase the BSI as soon as possible.
- Good value
- Easy and comfortable to wear
- Great quality bowling shoes
- Fits perfectly
This bowling shoe will fit you best if you bowl once in a while or if you’re an amateur. It does not last long but that’s not quite bad for its reasonable cost. But hey — it’s available at a cheap price so don’t expect more from it!
4. Dexter Vicky
Want to bowl in style and comfort? The Dexter Vicky is the solution for that. The Vicky shoes are true to fit and made of high-quality, soft materials. They have an attractive design — you’ll feel that you’re wearing a sneaker shoe and not a bowling shoe!
- Great bowling shoes
- Attractive and comfortable
- Offers decent support
- Provides great fit
The Dexter Vicky can cause discomfort for those who have big feet. They can be a bit stiff to wear the first time but that’s common for brand new bowling shoes.
5. BSI Women’s 460 Bowling Shoe
Whether you are a beginner or a league bowler, the BSI 460 shoes will suit you best. With its sturdy craftsmanship, modern design, and affordable price, it makes an excellent option to meet your bowling shoe needs.
- Works great even for wider foot
- High-quality inexpensive bowling shoes
- Perfect for beginners
- Sleek and stylish design
They only come in a wide size. If you’re planning to get it, make sure to order a size down. The shoe is not greatest bowling shoe, but it’s not the worst also. If you want a better shoe, then prepare to spend more.
6. Dexter Women’s Ana Bowling Shoes
The Dexter Women’s shoes enable you to bowl in style. It’s lightweight, comfortable, and it’s pretty to look at! These bowling shoes can last for several years with proper care so it’s worth the money.
- Attractive design and color
- Made of synthetic materials
- Quality bowling shoe
- Affordable price
Dexter Women’s bowling shoes can be stiff and tight the first time you wear it, but that’s just expected if the shoe is new. It may take some time to loosen up and fits your feet comfortably so be patient.
7. BSI Women’s 422 Bowling Shoe
Searching for comfortable and fashionable bowling shoes? Search no further as the BSI Women’s 422 is here. It’s a decent shoe for a casual bowler. It comes with a durable and lightweight rubber outsole and microfiber sliding sole for superb comfort and control.
- Ideal bowling shoe for amateur or league bowlers
- Cheap price
- Exceptional construction
- Fashionable design
The BSI bowling shoes run big, but you can always order a smaller size to achieve the perfect fit and comfort. You might also find it a bit chunky but that does not affect its weight. Although the sizing is a way off, you can solve this by ordering a smaller size shoe.
8. BSI Men’s 571 Bowling Shoe
With a nice appearance and affordable price, the BSI 571 shoes are great for both beginners and professional bowlers. If you are looking for a sturdy and attractive bowling shoe at a price you can afford, then better purchase this one immediately.
- Great for beginners and pros
- Sleek design
- Excellent quality
The major disadvantage of the 571 shoes is that it runs big. Don’t get troubled. All you have to do is to go half a size down from your normal size sneaker and you’re good to go.
9. Dexter Jack Bowling Shoes
The Dexter Jack bowling shoes provide remarkable comfort and performance, enabling you to perform at your best. It comes with a unique and appealing design. These shoes deliver a great look and fit that every bowler would love.
- Fit well and comfortable to wear
- Well-made bowling shoes
- Solid and durable
- Attractive appearance
The rubber on the bottom of the shoe makes it harder to slide smoothly. Fortunately, you can just buy a shoe slider to fix this problem.
10. Pyramid Men’s Ram Black Bowling Shoes
Want to attain a perfect slide? Then get the Pyramid bowling shoes now. With its break-in slide soles, you’ll be able to slide smoothly and easily, giving you more control. The appearance of the shoe won’t disappoint you as well.
- Sleek design
- Provides perfect slide
- Solid and inexpensive
- Delivers quality and comfort
The Pyramid runs a little wide and some people find it slippery. It might take you some time to get used to it but it’s worth it in the end.
Above are the best bowling shoes in the market at the moment. Feel free to use this list as a guide when buying a bowling shoe to find the right product that will fit your needs, budget, and satisfaction.
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider:
- Top 10 Best Bowling Shoes Reviews
- 1. Brunswick Edge Men’s Bowling Shoes
- 2. Dexter Kerrie Bowling Shoes
- 3. BSI Men’s Basic #521 Bowling Shoes
- 4. Dexter Vicky
- 5. BSI Women’s 460 Bowling Shoe
- 6. Dexter Women’s Ana Bowling Shoes
- 7. BSI Women’s 422 Bowling Shoe
- 8. BSI Men’s 571 Bowling Shoe
- 9. Dexter Jack Bowling Shoes
- 10. Pyramid Men’s Ram Black Bowling Shoes