A simple approach to eliminate pests including bugs, mosquitoes, flies, and other blood-sucking insects is by using the best electric fly killer bug zapper in your place.
Because there are a number of types of quality bug zapper available on the market nowadays, a list of fly killer bug zapper is listed in this article in order to help and guide you to know which product is the best for your needs.
What is an Electric Fly Killer & Bug Zapper
Generally, indoor zappers can cover huge area of your room. Aside from flying insects, bug zapper can aid you dispose of bed bugs and cockroaches flooding in your home.
But zapper works really fast and can fix all insects issues immediately and discharging all unwanted inhabitants from your home within a couple of days or hours. In addition, you must carefully evaluate certain features when buying a bug zapper. The biggest factor you must consider is the user-safety and construction of the product.
Furthermore, it must be easy to maintain, has a reasonable price, and can protect you from accidental contacts.
Purpose of Electric Fly Killer & Bug Zappers
Bug zapper delivers an efficient and chemical-free alternative to curtail insect bites. Most likely, many people have tried various versions of bug repellent and some of those have serious side effects on the users.
There might be some that are toxic that can create health glitches while some only ensures a temporal protection after a single application and needs to be used repeatedly.
That’s why it is crucial to take a closer look at bug zappers if you’re planning to buy one. Bug zappers use UV light to draw insects to the device and then kill them with voltage electric shock. Moreover, various modern companies of indoor insect zapper utilize fluorescent light bulbs that can discharge UV light for optimal efficiency.
Best Electric Fly Killer & Bug Zapper Reviews
The Flowtron is a family-owned company and is a worldwide leader when it comes to outdoor products for over 8 decades.
Now, the Flowtron BK-15D bug zapper is a smart black electronic lantern style zapper that has a powerful punch. Its high-intensity ultraviolet light effectively tempt insects in through the weather-proof polycarbonate cage and traps them on its electrostatically charged grid. In addition, it is also an eco-friendly product since you can use a USDA tested Octenol attractant which is proven to lure mosquito. This attractant can be bought separately or for an extra fee.
And lastly, this zapper works effectively for up to ½ an acre radius. Meaning, it is perfect for small to medium-sized yards. Also, it’s not advisable for placement within 25 feet from of individual’s activity and must be used for outdoor means only.
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUMG8CA_-Y
- Has reasonable price
- Good design and minimal noise
- Effectively kills insects
- Ideal for small to medium lawn or patio
- Comes with optional Octenol attractant
- Non-clogging grid
- Offers continuous and undisrupted service
- Chord is quite short so you might need an extension
- Bugs tend to get stuck on the grid and might build up
2. Hoont Insect Electric Indoor Fly Bug Zapper
This bug zapper comes with two 10Watt high-intensity UV bulbs which make it highly effective for controlling flies and bugs.
This device can lure all pesky flying bugs and they will be killed immediately when they come in contact with its incredibly powerful high-voltage metal grid. Its wall mounting design is also highly useful for keeping it out of the reach of your kids as well as your pets.
Furthermore, it also comes with removable button tray that makes cleaning process much easier. It provides a huge coverage area of up to 6,000 square feet. Hoont powerful bug zapper is really effective for getting protection from disease-causing flies and mosquitoes. You also don’t have to use dangerous pesticides and chemicals for eliminating bugs and insects.
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRbTuJ-j-zk
- Easy to use and very powerful
- Large coverage area
- Easy to clean
- Wall-mounting design
- High-voltage and electrically charged grid
- Detachable chain
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor use
- Safe and clean zapper
- 4 feet cord length
- Blubs must be replaced occasionally
With a 3 times trapping power, this bug zapper can also catch other insects. It has a UV light that attracts insects and gets them to stick to the glue board.
It is also very safe for your friends and family since it doesn’t have and chemicals or odor. Moreover, it is also free from zapper and has a quiet operation. This is very efficient in keeping away bugs and will give you a good night sleep.
This product can be used conveniently and can cover an area of 320 sq. ft. Furthermore, it will work great in a closed and dark room and is very ideal for garages and offices. It comes with a 60 Hz rated frequency, and its power consumption is 5 Watts.
With this bug zapper, you’ll have a mosquito free home, and it also catches the mosquitoes with the catching airflow.
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe96n3ykMp0
- Lures the insects through triple trapping power
- 320 square feet area coverage
- Triple trapping power
- Non-toxic and odourless
- Very safe
- Simple to mount
- Traps all insects
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- Might not be suitable for bigger house-flies
- Might not trap fruit flies
4. ZAP IT! Bug Zapper Twin Pack
If you see a bug flying across your living room, just zap it with this incredibly powerful bug zapper that has a 4,000 Volts.
If you go get this zapper, you’ll be able to get two rechargeable mini travel versions of the company’s best-selling product. The manufacturer ensures that a single swing of these mini bug zapper rackets fitted with powerful 4,000 Volt grid will certainly kill mosquitoes, bugs, and flies.
Also, you can simply plug it into any USB device to charge this battery-powered fly swatter efficiently and quickly. With this high-power zapper at your hand, swarming flies and bugs will just be a thing of the past.
Furthermore, since many fly insects are particularly active at night, the manufacturer has incorporated their device with a manually-activated, built-in LED lights.
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_-gq7yMO4
- Lifetime replacement
- Very safe to use
- Very effective at night
- Super-fast charging
- You won’t get zapped if you accidentally tough the surface
- It is rechargeable
- Kills flies and bugs instantly
- Lasts a long time on a single charge
- Expensive retail price
5. ELUCTO Large Electric Bug Zapper
For a battery-operated fly killer or bug zapper that you can hold in your hand safely, then you can pick the Elucto Electric Fly Zapper. This racket-style bug zapper is operated by two AA batteries and gives a zap of about 2,500 V.
A number of users report that it works really well and eliminates even very small flying bugs such as fruit flies and gnats with just a single contact. Its current is activated by pushing a small button on the handle while taking a swing at the direction of the bag you want to zap. It has no continuous on mode. However, it’s actually a safety feature instead of a nuisance as it can prevent accidental shocks and can also effectively preserve battery life.
Though this zapper has an almost toy-like looks, thanks to its racket shape and yellow color, it must be noted that this is not ideal for use by children an can give a sting if contact is made with the electric grid of the swatter. If used the right way, this bug zapper can knock flying insects to the ground with just one stroke.
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Bd_lHf7Bg
- Comes with an excellent warranty offer
- Simple to use and maintain
- Grid stays clear to preclude clogging
- It is both pet and child-friendly for safe operation
- You can match its size to your space
- Comes with an attractive design that can fit in your outdoor space
- Its optional cartridges are quite pricey
- You need to keep swinging it
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Mosquito Zapper
Zapper’s Power Supply
Knowing your source of power supply for you bug zapper can help you consider the kind of the device’s supply which best suits you. This approach can make the operation of the device very effective as well as efficient. Some of these power sources are electricity or accumulators. There are also batteries and solar panels.
The number of bulbs from a bug zapper device and its power is really crucial since it will enable you to use the light trap with the most effectiveness.
This factor is obviously a significant factor as well. Compact and light devices are easily conveyed from one place to another whether distant or nearby locations.
Normally, the price of bug zappers indicates the efficiency and quality of the product. In reality, inexpensive products are doubtful and mostly substandard since they tend to deteriorate easily, even turn out to be not that effective against the strong attacks of bugs, while pricier and proven bug zappers can accomplish their job perfectly with less effort.
Features of Your Location
It is very important to learn the features of your environment as well as the estimated number of insects within. Normally, big and stable clouds of blood-sucker bugs can be seen around unkempt places and swamps, so you may need several zappers in order to get rid of those pests.
The best bug zapper can effectively work day and night period. In fact, bug zappers tend to be more effective during night time. This means that you can leave it operating for all night without worrying, so you can have a comfortable sleep.
Tips and Facts about Bug Zapper
- A bug zapper racket is a tool killing mosquitoes and it doesn’t really need any specific skills in order to be utilized. Its main component is an electrically charged metal grid.
- A number of devices come with a 3-layer mesh so that users won’t get hurt by touch. There are also one-layer electric fly zappers which are more efficient but are less safe for individuals due to the absence of protection layers makes your more vulnerable.
- If an insect gets into the grid, an electric currentof light is generated and the insects are eliminated. A high voltage generator powered by its battery is located in its handle. Its circuit includes a transformer, a voltage multiplier, and an electronic oscillator. It operates the same way an electric shocker does. However, an electric shocker is much less dangerous and doesn’t have much power.
- In order to activate a bug racket zapper, you must press a button and you shouldn’t release it until you caught the insect. As we discussed before, not all products have user-friendly buttons which may be installed where they’re inconvenient to reach. While the power is on, swing the racket accordingly in your desired direction. And when an insect hits the zapper, the initial discharge will eliminate it. However, you might miss getting rid of the bug if you don’t hold the button for a while so that the continuous current can kill the bug.
Bugs, flies, mosquitoes, and certain blood-sucking insects are common and can be found anywhere around the world. As an outcome, it has become a big issue for individuals due to the infectious disease they transmit from one person to another.
For the most part, a number of solutions have been suggested severally for eliminating these bugs that puts one’s health at danger. However, most of the prescribed means are not that efficient in terms of fully eliminating the problem. In fact, some are contributing to the deterioration of an individual’s health.
But that’s why bug zappers are made. With these excellent tools, you’re rest assured that you and your family are not in danger of insect-transmitted diseases.
If you’ve got any better suggestions about the best bug zapper out there and want to recommend it to us, please share it with us by commenting below.