If you want to make your home both safer and comfortable for your family, then you can install new retractable screen doors with minimal effort only. In fact, fitting a retractable screen door is a simple home-improvement that can be undertaken by any homeowner to upgrade their property.
Additionally, retractable screen doors let you seamlessly blend your inside and outside places, thus extending your living space and gives you more versatility to your property.
With that said, we offer you the best retractable screen door in order to make your decisions much easier. Ultimately, this review will enable you to make an informed decision for your buy and guarantee that you’ll get the best value for your money.
Without further ado, read on!
What Actually Are Retractable Screen Doors
These types of doors are protective screens that can retract into its housing when not in use. And when your door is open, its screen can be unrolled to provide protection against crawling or flying insects as well as debris whilst letting you to enjoy natural ventilation and good airflow.
This screen door review will show you that the installation of retractable screen doors can give you myriad of benefits without any inconvenience of a permanent fixing.
Best Retractable Screen Doors Reviews
ODL Brisa Premium Retractable Screen for 80 in. Inswing Hinged Doors
ODL Brisa Premium Retractable Screen Door is a must-have on any major entryway as it turns your average entrance into an incredibly functional area, perfectly combining your outdoor and indoor spaces.
Having this screen door that retracts provides you a whole ton of advantages over conventional screen doors. Additionally, it can be installed on any exterior entryway in less than thirty minutes, regardless of DIY experience.
Furthermore, this screen door lets fresh air to circulate into the home without all the slamming and banging and in the way hassles of conventional, hinged screen door. This full-view screen door retracts when not in use so it won’t get in your way especially if you’re in a hurry.
Also, the ODL Brisa Premium Retractable Screen Door comes with a sandstone finish in 80 inches. It is also designed to be easily installed and glide smoothly in the right direction. But aside from that, it also comes with a locking latch for extra safety and security to keep it in place.
To sum it up, here are the highlights of ODL Brisa Premium Retractable Screen Door:
- It can slide smoothly because of its steady EZ glide screen operation
- It comes with 5 parts and only 1 tool for installation that includes a screw driver and a power drill
- Its user-friendly design lets it to be installed in less than an hour without needing to be cut
- Its screen frame is compatible with 32 inches to 36 inches in-swing hinged doors
- ODL Brisa screen door can also fit in single doors with 80 inches door height
- Locking mechanism on the interior for extra safety
- Horizon Stripes on the screen mesh as visual cue for open screen
- Quick-Snap aluminium track to fit the size of the user’s entryway easily and quickly
- Automatically retracts into slim housing at the press of a button
- And lastly it has a lifetime limited warranty
Video Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKVph8vv2Y
- Has side opening
- Slides smoothly
- Button controlled for automatic retraction
- Doesn’t need cutting to fit in
- Only weighs 2 pounds
- Can fit 28 inches to 31.5 inches openings
- Easy to install
- Its bottom horizontal piece is not supported
- Only available in white
What Are the Benefits of Retractable Screen Door
The most common advantage of a retractable screen door compared to conventional screen doors is that the retractable door is stored within the cassette if it’s not in use.
Here are the other benefits of using retractable screen door:
- Retractable screen doors are available to fit any opening
- Double screen doors are available for French doors
- Airflow is maintained with retractable screen doors
- Retractable screen doors provide protection from insects and debris
- When a retractable screen is fitted, the view can be enjoyed through the open door
- Retractable screen doors also offer the same benefits from fixed screen doors
- Makes your home natural cool
- Functional and decorative
- Low maintenance
- Less banging compared to a fixed screen door
- Retractable screen doors don’t have to be removed and stored as they can be retracted and left in place.
- Retractable screen doors have a longer life since they can be retracted when not in use
- Customizable to your needs and door size
- They are clean most of the time since they are stored retracted
How to Install a Retractable Screen Door
Installing a retractable screen door is actually quite simple, and can only take less time than you think.
To begin, make sure that the retractable screen door you chose will suit your purpose of buying one. Secondly measure the inside of your doorway as well as the longest bottom, top, and edge, and on both sides.
A good rule of thumb is that you must be accurate in measuring of the both sides and top bottom since doors are usually not square.
Make sure that there’s already an available size before anything, otherwise, all your measuring and efforts might go in vain.
For the most part, there’s actually no need for any extensive toolkit since most retractable screen doors can be installed with just an electric drill, and an everyday tool selection.
Now if you’ve decided to purchase the ODL Brisa Premium Retractable Screen Door, make sure not to forget to ask for its warranty since asking for the warranty can help you determine what and what’s not to expect just in case you’re required to do some repairs or maintenance and replacements.
In some instances, the replacements and repairs will be shouldered by either the installer or the manufacturer. Thus, you should never end your purchase without getting the complete detail of the service.
Furthermore, because DIY retractable screen door is quite common nowadays, you should always consider the long-term benefits of purchasing from verified sellers. Also, hiring professionals to aid you with the installation process will always be a good decision.