Department store perfume counters are flooded with a sprawling array of scents for women and girls. Huge magazine, billboard, and commercial campaigns are dedicated to enticing women to smell good, but men are just as concerned with how they smell. Unfortunately, men tend to be drawn to the cologne of their father’s and grandfather’s, never realizing that the scents of yesteryear are antiquated and stale. The good news is that there are now dozens of modern, fresh scents for men displayed alongside their female counterparts. Here are the ten best colognes for men:
Top 10 Best Smelling Colognes, Perfumes and Fragrances For Men Ever Reviews
1. BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette
This Burberry cologne goes on strong, but quickly mellows until the fragrance is quiet, and appealing. Little is needed to appreciate the full effect of the cologne, making this scent last a long time, making it an economical investment. The scent itself is masculine, but subtle and soothing.
1 Million is designer cologne that is surprisingly affordable compared to others fragrances of the same ilk. 1 Million has the additional advantage of being unique and potent. Very little of this scent is needed for a long lasting effect. The scent is not run-of-the-mill, and will be memorable for all the right reasons.
3. 212 VIP by Carolina Herrera Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
212 VIP certainly lives up to its name. VIP is a scent that cannot be accurately described, and is almost impossible to find among other colognes in the same league. This scent stands out, stands alone, and is noticed. Men looking for attention, or to make a statement should consider VIP.
4. Lacoste Pour Homme Eau de Toilette for Men
Pour Homme cologne has a long-lasting scent that is not overpowering or cloying. The fragrance does not overwhelm the senses, but enhances them. The scent can best be described as clean and masculine without the overbearing notes that, some cologne adhere to in order to be perceived as “manly.” Pour Homme is also versatile and can be easily used for days or evenings.
5. Versace Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray
Created as a summer scent, Versace’s Pour Homme is interesting and fresh. The scent clings for hours with only a spray or two. Though pleasant and attractive to smell, the fragrance does not lurk around the user, but rather envelopes him lovingly within a scented cloud that attracts instead of repels.
6. Diesel Fuel For Life By Diesel For Men
Diesel Fuel For Life is a fragrance that caters toward the younger crowd, but can work for older men as well. A night out on the town can be easily kick-started by a few sprays of this gentle, intriguing scent.
7. Montblanc Legend By MONT BLANC Eau De Toilette Spray For Men
Montblanc Legend is a scent designed for a mature man that is equal parts subtle and determined. The fragrance is lingering without needing to be sprayed on in dramatic amounts. Legend also has the distinction of being a scent that can double as both casual daytime cologne, and a chic nighttime fragrance.
8. Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Libre Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
L’Homme Libre is a perfectly balanced scent for men seeking a light, lasting scent for day and evening. However, the fragrance can be used any time of year, this Yves Saint Laurent cologne is fashioned especially for the summer months. The warm weather gives the scent a stronger aura without being overpowering.
9. Polo Black by Ralph Lauren for Men Eau De Toilette Spray
Making a statement with a scent may seem like a foreign concept for men’s cologne, but Polo Black has the ability to entice and peak the interest of anyone who gets a whiff of it. The scent is masculine, but not alienating to any female admirers. The wearer will be remembered for his scent before anything else.
10. Calvin Klein DARK OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette
Aptly named Dark Obsession has an exotic appeal. This cologne is richly aromatic, but not offensive the senses. It is a good scent for the daytime, but is much more potent in the evening hours when its uniqueness can be fully appreciated. This fragrance speaks to men wanting to be noticed.
When a man chooses to wear a scent, he wants that scent to last for the duration of the day or night. A man who chooses to wear cologne is seeking the right kind of attention, so the fragrance he decides upon speaks for him. Before he chooses a scent, the wearer should decide what he wants to convey about himself before trying a cologne.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Smelling Colognes, Perfumes and Fragrances For Men Ever Reviews
- 1. BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette
- 2. Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
- 3. 212 VIP by Carolina Herrera Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
- 4. Lacoste Pour Homme Eau de Toilette for Men
- 5. Versace Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray
- 6. Diesel Fuel For Life By Diesel For Men
- 7. Montblanc Legend By MONT BLANC Eau De Toilette Spray For Men
- 8. Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Libre Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
- 9. Polo Black by Ralph Lauren for Men Eau De Toilette Spray
- 10. Calvin Klein DARK OBSESSION for Men Eau de Toilette