When choosing a refrigerator, everybody wants it to last long, not to break down, to work quietly, and be cheap. Also, it has to be suitable for the color of the interior, be cost-effective and comfortable to use. If you manage to find a model that meets all these requirements, then you are really good at analyzing the features and best models.
Now let’s briefly consider the most important criteria for selecting a home fridge. So, RefrigeratorFAQ.com, the first things you need to decide before buying are:
Dimensions of the appliance. There are one-, two-, three-, four-, five- and even six-chamber models. As a rule, each manufacturer has its own sizes, but all of them are close to the standards and can differ by no more than 2-4 inches. To choose the correct size of the refrigerator, first of all, it’s necessary to determine where it will be installed. Then you should measure this place with roulette and, considering the received measurements, choose a suitable option on height, width and depth. The most popular are two-chamber units, they have a similar freezer and a refrigerating chamber.
Chamber locations. It’s common for many to have a freezer at the bottom. But there are models with freezers on top or with no freezers at all. You should pay attention to this when choosing a fridge. It’s important to also take into account the ratio of chambers, sometimes the freezer is almost the same as the refrigerator. This is very convenient for those who want to choose an appliance with a large freezer.
Useful capacity. To choose a liter of a refrigerator, you need to know one simple thing, a 180-liter appliance is enough for two people. For a family of 3 people, you can buy a 250-liter model, and if you have a large family (5-6 people), we recommend you to choose a fridge with a useful capacity of 350 liters. Don’t forget about the size of the chambers: the capacity of a chamber directly affects its size.
Type of defrosting and freezing. We won’t go into details, and highlight the most important information for you. Freezing can be thermoelectric (silent), absorptive (noisier), and with the help of compressors (the highest noise level). In turn, defrosting can be manual, drip (water flows into the tray on the back wall), and no frost (auto-defrosting). Customers often find it difficult to decide whether to choose a refrigerator with drip defrosting or no frost. If you don’t defrost frequently, we recommend choosing a more modern and reliable no-frost system. In turn, the drip system belongs to the economy class, so the equipment will be cheaper.
Functions. You should understand that the more functions you want in your fridge, the more you will have to pay. We recommend that for an apartment or house, you spend money on a model that has an indicator of the open door, superfost, ice maker, long-term storage of food, rapid cooling and freezing of food, antibacterial protection, etc.
A way of controlling. Electromechanical control is more reliable and also cheaper. The electronic mode allows you to adjust the temperature more accurately, so it’s better in terms of comfort. Most modern models are equipped with electronic control.
Noise level. One of the most important parameters, because almost everyone wants to choose a silent but at the same time cheap fridge of high quality. In this respect, you should choose an appliance with a noise level below 40 dB. At this rate, the device will operate in a quiet mode.
What Else To Pay Attention To
So, to choose a really good appliance for your home, you should consider the following things:
- The shelves must be made of glass. The transparent glass will make it easier to find the right food in the fridge.
- The sealants around the door should be flexible and fit well when closing. Before you choose a model, make sure that there is no damage.
- The new refrigerator and freezer should not smell like cheap plastic. The unpleasant smell indicates the low quality of plastic, and therefore doubtful reliability of the manufacturer.
- Many models have the option of hanging the doors to both sides. It’s very convenient, especially if you want to rearrange your kitchen.
- Make sure that the legs have wheels (at least 2). This type of construction will make it easier to transport an appliance from place to place.
- Built-in models fit well in case you don’t want to spoil the interior of the kitchen.
- There are many colors of refrigerators. You can always choose the right design for your kitchen. In addition, there are designer models that will become a highlight of the interior.
That’s all I wanted to tell you about how to choose a refrigerator. We hope that the advice are useful for you!