For the most part, in today’s modern technologies and innovation, various gigantic power tool companies were established. Each one of them competes with each other by showing off what their power tool representative can do on a specified category.
And that’s why we want to share you this review article about Ryobi vs. Ridgid vs. DEWALT vs. Makita, and vs. Milwaukee. With this very article, we’ll show you why it’s important to consider your needs before choosing a particular brand and power tools.
If you’re ready to learn, read on!
Ryobi vs. Ridgid vs. Dewalt vs. Makita vs. Milwaukee Review
1. Ryobi P1832 18V One+ Handheld Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit (6 Piece Bundle, 1x P277 Drill / Driver, 1x P235 Impact Driver, 1x P118 Dual Chemistry Charger, 2x P102 18V Batteries, 1x Tool Bag)
The P1832 18V from Ryobi is ideal for contractors, homeowners, and do-it-yourself enthusiasts seeking to add to their arsenal.
This power tool kit is a six in one bundle that comes with a drill-driver, a lime green Ryobi tool bag, a charger, 2 li-ion batteries, and an impact driver. With all these accessories and tools, users can perform a number of projects around the household from boring holes to driving fasteners.
Users must keep their batteries in tip top shape with its li-ion battery charger that works well all Ryobi batteries, either One+ li-ions or those from the older blue series. Its charger’s online fuel gauge allows users to know how much their batteries have charged. In fact, the batteries themselves are compatible with almost anything from the Ryobi One+ system, aside from being backwards compatible with the earlier version blue series of Ryobi power tools.
All of these particular power tools can be conveniently stored together in the Ryobi lime green tote bag, which can double as a lunch pail in a pinch giving users optimal versatility on their workplace. Consumers can now reach their do-it-yourself potential because of this brand.
- Comes with bit storage and magnetic bit holders at the base
- Features notched rubber molding on their pistol grips for extra stability
- Long-lasting batteries
- Has 1600 inch per pounds of torque coupled with a belt clip for convenient access
- Comes with 24 setting clutch and dual speed gearbox for extra control over drilling
- Replacement batteries are a little bit expensive
2. Ridgid R9600 X4 Hyper 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Drill Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit
Its 18-volt compact drill as well as its impact driver comes with the best-in-class torque for most demanding applications out there. Both power tools come with exclusive Grip Light Technology which engages LED light by simply holding the power tool and developed Hex Grip for optimal comfort to make every task and project much easier. In addition, it is powered by Hyper Lithium Technology which is an innovative battery technology built for high performance.
Furthermore they just work so much better compared to prominent brands out there that comes with a little bit higher price range. Some consumers will also like them since they are not that short and not too long at its end.
All in all, it’s a great deal and product. Rigid products are one of the favorites in the power tool industry.
- Comes with carrying bag, li-ion batteries, charger, impact driver, and a drill
- Powered by HyperTM Lithium built for high battery performance
- Removable Belt hook in order to keep the power tool in quick reach
- Comes with Hex GripTM innovative micro texture for optimum user comfort and secure grip
- Grip light engages light independently of trigger in order to illuminate work space
- Comes with a very reasonable price
- Excellent drills but batteries tend to die fast
- The removable handle only fits the drill
3. Makita CX200RB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit (2.0Ah)
The 18 volt sub-compact driver-drill as well as the impact driver is new class of compact, with its size and weight of lower voltage power tools but with the compatibility, power, and performance of 18 volts. The pricey breadth-of-line of the Makita 18 volts LXT series implies an 18 volt battery from any LXT power tool will power the 18 volt sub-compact impact driver and drill-driver included in this power tool kit.
Furthermore, the kit comes with an ultra-compact two-speed brushless drill-driver with 2-speed settings that weighs only 2.8 pounds and a variable speed brushless impact driver that also has 2-speed settings that only weighs 2.6 pounds.
Moreover, for more efficient fastening, its impact driver offers assist mode that can get rid of cross threading and screw cam-out by driving at low speed until tightening starts. It is part of Makita’s ever expanding 18 volt li-ion series, which is the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by 18 volt li-ion slide style batteries.
Makita 18 volts li-ion batteries come with the fastest charge times in their class, so they tend to spend more time working and less time sitting on its charger. In addition, it is incorporated with Star Protection Computer Controls to prevent over-heating, over-discharging, and overloading.
- Impact driver only weighs 2.6 pounds
- BL brushless motor can deliver 350 inch per pounds of max torque
- Incorporated with mechanical variable two-speed transmission for a vast range of driving and drilling applications
- Ergonomic and compact design at only 6-3/8 inch long
- Comes with assist mode feature that get rids of cross-threading and screw cam-out by driving at low speed until impact starts
- Ergonomics and compact design at only 5-5/16 inch long
- Quite lacking in power
- Its speed control might tend to become a little bit of erratic
4. DEWALT DCK277C2 20V MAX Compact Brushless Drill and Impact Combo Kit
This product from DEWALT features a DEWALT brushless motor that can deliver up to 57% more operation time over brushed. It is lightweight and compact, engineered to fit into tight spots.
Impact driver is 5.4 inch back to front, and the drill-driver is only 7.52 inch back to front. Its ergonomic comfort grip handles can give perfect balance and power tool control for the consumer. It is also incorporated with LED lighting system with twenty-second trigger release delay that can give improved visibility in confined and dark spaces.
Its impact driver’s one-handed loading ¼ inch hex chuck will accept 1 inch bit tips. This product is simply incredible of a deal. In fact, it’s an impressive entry-level combo kit with a very competitive price range that offers many advantages for its users.
This combo kit’s specs are pretty standard. Both impact driver and cordless drill boasts a lightweight design and are a lot tinier compared to other units. With its combined weight of only 5.3 lbs. they cause very little strain to the users’ arms. Its handles are also coated with an ergonomic comfort grip that aids users control the tools more efficiently.
All in all, similar to its price, both its grip technology and weight make this product ideal for newbies. They are very easy to control, which makes home projects and repairs a less strenuous and enjoyable task. Thanks to Makita’s revolutionary design, users can use these power tools anywhere and anytime.
- Comes with a very reasonable price
- Impact driver comes with a ¼ inch hex for oe-handed loading when changing the bits
- Drill lets up to 1,750 revolutions per minute
- Comfortable and strong grip that aids you work faster and much more efficiently
- Incorporated with LED lights which let you work on poorly-lit places
- Easy to store and move
- Its lightweight design makes it easier to do repairs
- Not really ideal for heavy-duty and high intensity projects
- Chuck is made out of plastic
5. Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
This drill and impact driver combo kit from Milwaukee is certainly a great deal.
It comes with convenient contractor bag, M18 li-ion ¼ inch hex compact impact, and the Milwaukee M18 li-ion ½ inch compact drill-driver. Examples of its innovations are its variable speed triggers, battery fuel gauges, integrated LED lighting system, durability, lightweight, and its 4-pole frameless motor.
If you need superior performance, accuracy, and power in an ultra-efficient combo kit, you can’t really afford to purchase anything but heavy duty. Covered by the confidence, this combo kit is the crucial tool collection for enduring professionals and do-it-yourself enthusiasts.
Furthermore, this combo kit is an excellent blend of performance, weight, and power. Aside from that, it is made up of two excellent power tools. Its drill-driver weighs only 5.3 lbs. and its impact driver only weighs 3.5 lbs. Both power tools come with LED lighting system, making it very convenient to work in poor-lit settings. In addition to that, the impact driver comes with a convenient belt clip.
This combo kit from Milwaukee has been in fact a bestseller for very long time. The reason for its success is easy to explain; you’ll get a good impact driver and drill at just a very reasonable price.
- Comes with soft-carrying case, one belt clip, charger, 2 compact batteries, ¼ inch hex impact driver, and 18 volt compact drill-driver
- Comes with excellent warranty offer
- Incorporated with variable-speed triggers, battery fuel gauges, LED lighting system, and lightweight durability
- Equipped with ¼ inch hex compact impact with 4-pole frameless motor that can give 1400 inch per pounds of torque
- Uses Milwaukee’s long-lasting M18 li-ion batteries
- Features REDLINK intelligence
- Made in USA
- Heavy build
- Quite pricey
For the most part, since we’re talking about five prominent brands here, it’s a little bit hard to suggest and make a winner on this review.
However, what we can say is that your decision should absolutely be based on your needs. If you’re looking for a reliable and prominent brand of power tools, then the Ryobi as well as the Ridgid brand are your top two choices among the selection here.
On the other hand, if you want to make a valuable, long-term investment, then your choices must be between the DEWALT, Makita, or the Milwaukee. Again, no brand here will make your hard-earned money go to waste.
All of them come with their respective pros and cons. Make sure to assess all of your needs for your projects or tasks in order to make the right decision.