The very first headlamps use oil lanterns or acetylene since they were not used for vision since they were just used air night initially. The lights were then substituted by electric lights but didn’t last long because it can burn out very fast. The best one that came to the technology of headlamps would be the incandescent bulb where an inert gas was carefully added. It increased longevity and light output.
But as the world evolves, so is our technology and LED systems are not preferred by many. It definitely has more extended output and a lifespan compared to incandescent lights. These LED headlamps can help people to do their hunting still, running, and camping even after the sunsets. LED headlamps will help things become visible at night, thus keeping you safe.
It’s the number one rule of boy scouting, and that’s be prepared. It’s why the sensible person always has a flashlight within reach.
Sometimes that utility isn’t always the perfect solution. There are circumstances where you need a flexible light, but you also need your hands to be free. Whether you’re biking, looking into your smoking engine on the side of the road or climbing a mountainside, when it’s dark. And you need both hands, not a flashlight or danging lamp that has to be constantly moved.
Fortunately, being able to see in limited light and still keeping your hands free is easily solved by taking advantage of a LED headlamp. These innovative devices improve visibility 100 percent because not only do they provide brightness, they do so with the movement of your head. So, where you need to look, that’s where the light goes.
There may be a lot of LED headlamps on the market, and this doesn’t mean that you can just grab the first led headlamp that you see on that shelf. So to help you out, I’ve rounded up the best LED headlamps for hunting, running, camping to choose from.
If you want to know more about LED headlamps, here are 10 of the top models. Try just one and you’ll never hold a flashlight again!
Top 10 Best Led Headlamps For Hunting, Running, Camping Reviews
1. Black Diamond Storm Headlamp
A one quad powers black Diamond Storm Headlamp-LED and a double LED, which can emit 350 lumens. For night vision purposes, you can use the blue, green, and red LEDs. You can also use the strobe settings and the dimming settings if needed. One of the best things about the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp is that you can activate the strobe without having to go through the different cycles.
Another good thing about the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp is that it has a power tap technology. This will let you transition from dim to full power when needed. To ensure that you can rely on your headlamp all night, the headlight itself is waterproof and dust proof. This means that you can use the headlamp for great adventures and even if the weather is bad.
When it comes to the lighting details, its maximum light range is 85 meters with a burning time of 120 hours. Its luminosity is 350 meters and with an IPX rating of 67, which makes it waterproof and dustproof. The Black Diamond Storm Headlamp uses triple A batteries for its power.
2. Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp
Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp can be used when it comes to spotlighting trail roads. This headlamp has a maximum throw light of up to 73 meters high, and its 5mm LED can reach up to 53 meters high. It is available in 5mm LEDs of green, white, or red, which means that you can choose the color that you want. All of the versions include a Maxbright LED white.
If you are going to use it mostly during the night, then you can choose the RED LED, as this will help avoid impacting your night vision. The green LED is helpful if you are going to look at topographic maps. All of the three 5mm LEDs and the white LED can be operated on low or high, depending on your headlamp needs.
One of the best things about Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp is that it has ratcheting single-arm head pivots, which will provide a different range of motion. This will help you aim the headlamp’s beam wherein you please. The push-button switch is large enough, wherein you can even use gloves when operating the headlamp. In the Princeton headlamp package, it already includes triple-A batteries with a burn time of 28 hours when using the white LED.
3. SLONIK 1000 Lumen Rechargeable 2x CREE LED Headlamp With 2200 mAh Battery
SLONIK 1000 Lumen CREE LED Headlamp has a high performance and is lightweight. It has a total of 1000 lumen and is rechargeable, wherein it is capable in reflecting for up to 220 yards. You don’t give to worry about anything because it won’t distort the colors of the objects that are illuminated. This headlamp is very compact, and one weighs a total of 4.19 ounce.
With its 2200 mAh rechargeable battery, it will be easier for you to use the headlamp because you no longer need to disassemble or assemble the headlamp itself. All you have to do is to connect and then recharge it. In low mode, the battery life can last for 8 hours, while in high mode, the battery can last for 3.5 hours. When recharging your headlamp’s battery, it will only take two hours for it to be completed.
One of the best things about SLONIK 1000 Lumen CREE LED Headlamp is that it has aero-grade waterproof durability. It is made out of aero-grade aluminum alloy to ensure that it will be able to withstand extreme conditions. It has an IPX rating of 6, which makes it dustproof and waterproof grade. This headlamp is perfect for construction, HVAC, garage work, camping, and as well as running.
4. Vont LED Headlamp, Super Bright LEDs, Compact Build, 5 Modes, Headlight With White-Red LEDs, Comfy Adjustable Strap IPX6 Waterproof
Vont LED Headlamp is long-lasting and ultra-bright; thus efficiently lighting up a big room. According to Vont, they are ten times brighter compared to other brands. The headlamp is powered by a total of three triple A batteries and is all already included in the package. These triple-A batteries can last for a few days, which makes the battery life long.
One of the best things about Vont LED Headlamp is that it is indestructible and waterproof. The materials used in this headlamps are similar to the materials used to create aircraft. This means that your headlamps can surely withstand beatings and handling, wherein it can survive a 10-foot drop and being underwater temporarily.
Another good thing about Vont LED Headlamp is that it is lightweight. This makes it comfortable to use no matter what you’re doing. The strap that this headlamp comes with is made out of good materials to provide you with nothing but comfort. Wearing this headlamp is easy and comfortable because it is lightweight and compact. It is perfect for camping and other outdoor activities at night.
5. Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp – Zoomable – Camping Light – Hunting Headlamp – Caving Flashlight
Outdoor Pro Gear super bright LED headlamp is equipped with a magnifying lens, which provides bright and definitely powerful light. This means that you will be able to see even in the darkest environment. The reason behind this is because the headlamp has the ability to zoom in and out due to the innovative lens that will help you see from afar.
The materials of Outdoor Pro Gear super bright LED headlamp are from ABS and aero-aluminum. This simply means that the contents are durable and rugged, so you don’t have to worry about dropping it. Your headlamp will surely be able to withstand the drop and any harsh environment.
Another good thing about Outdoor Pro Gear super bright LED headlamp is that you can use it with rechargeable batteries, and three double-A batteries. Of course, to make you feel confident about your purchase, Outdoor Pro Gear offers a guarantee. If things go wrong, they will immediately replace your headlamp within a year after your purchase.
6. C Caloics Headlamp Rechargeable LED Headlamp Flashlight Brightest Waterproof Headlamp Boruit RJ5000 CREE XM-L2
C Caloics Boruit RJ5000 LED headlamp is equipped with three CREE XM-L2, which makes the headlamp one of the brightest on the market. In the middle is where the light cup is located, while you can see the optical lenses on both sides. All the three makes a perfect combination of lens and light cup.
This headlamp is rechargeable and is equipped with 3000 mAh which won’t have any problem when you use it outdoor. One of the best things about this headlamp is that you can rotate it for a maximum of 90 degrees. The headband is adjustable, which will let you adjust depending on the size and shape of your head. There is also an indicator light, which is located in the compartment of the battery. This will help you know whether the battery is already fully charged or is currently charging.
One of the things that people love about C Caloics Boruit RJ5000 LED headlamp is that it has four working modes. It has a strobe, which is perfect for emergency situations. You can also use high, medium, and low. This headlamp from C Caloics is perfect for outdoor activities because of its convenience. You can use it for reading, horseback riding, hunting, running, camping, fishing, and hiking.
7. DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019 Version, CREE 1080 Lumens Brightest Zoomable Headlamp Flashlight
DanForce LED CREE 1080 headlamp will surely keep you away from the dark, no matter where you are. It has a bright lumen of up to 1080 and features three LED original bulbs to help shine longer, brighter, and stronger.
One of the best things about DanForce LED CREE 1080 headlamp is that your headlamp can withstand any weather and work conditions. The conditions include extreme cold and extreme heat since the LED is protected by an air-tight sealing rubber. This means that you no longer have to worry about water, ice, and dust, which makes this LED headlamp very dependable.
Another good thing about DanForce LED CREE 1080 headlamp is that you will be able to experience maximum comfort. The headband is sweat resistant and has temperature control. You can also adjust the size depending on the size of your head. You can use this headlamp as a bike helmet light, camping, hunting, and more.
8. Cobiz Brightest High 6000 Lumen LED Work Headlight, 18650 USB Rechargeable Waterproof Flashlight
Cobiz brightest 18650 USB rechargeable headlamp includes extra batteries, so you don’t have to worry about anything. You can use this headlamp hands-free, which will surely help brighten up your surroundings. Using a hands-free Lampo will help you read, work, and as well as explore the outdoors whenever you please.
There are four different modes that you can choose from the Cobiz brightest 18650 USB rechargeable headlamp. You may select the high mode, medium, wide, and the bright strobe light. The bright, strobe light is for emergency purposes. One of the best things about Cobiz headlamp is that you can move the headlight when needed. You can adjust it whenever needed so you can illuminate every object that you please.
Cobiz brightest 18650 USB rechargeable headlamp is also waterproof, which makes it perfect for the outdoors. It is durable, reliable, and very much practical. It has an IPX rating of 4, which makes it water-resistant and perfect for when it’s raining. To make yourself feel comfortable, then you can easily adjust the headband.
9. GRDE Zoomable 3 Modes Super Bright LED Headlamp With Rechargeable Batteries
GRDE zoomable LED headlamp includes a headlamp with two rechargeable batteries. There is also a user book, USB cable, car charger, and a wall charger. According to the manufacturers, it would be best to avoid using the headlamp while you’re charging it to avoid damaging the battery and of course to avoid accidents.
One of the best things about GRDE zoomable LED headlamp is that its lifespan can reach 100,000 hours. The brightness can reach a maximum of 1800 lumens. It also has a 3 in 1 function, wherein you can use it as a waist lamp, desk lamp, and a headlamp.
Another good thing about GRDE zoomable LED headlamp is that it is available in three modes, including strobe for emergencies, mid, and low. You can use it hands-free, and it is adjustable to ensure that it will feel comfortable around your head.
10. MsForce Rechargeable Headlamp Flashlight 1200 Lumen Ultra Bright LED
MsForce rechargeable headlamp flashlight will provide you effectiveness and comfort as you use it. You and any other users will undoubtedly experience efficiency since this headlamp is made out of high-quality materials. It comes with a rechargeable cord so you can quickly charge your headlamp once it runs out of power.
The headlamp from MsForce comes with three light modes, and wherein all modes will provide you with the illumination that you need. The modes include a strobe, low, medium, and high, It has total clarity of 12000, which will ensure that you can light up even the most darkest environment.
One of the best things about MsForce rechargeable headlamp flashlight is that it has a heat resistance because of the aluminum reflector installed here. It also has an IPX rating of up to 5 and a glass that is shockproof. All these simply means that this headlamp is definitely dependable.
Different Uses Of A Headlamp
Benefits Of Investing In A Great Headlamp For Hunting
Hunting is fun, but there are dangers lurking around, especially when it’s damp and dark in the woods. Wearing a headlamp will help you avoid any confrontations with snakes, scorpions, bats, and any other animals that are in the woods. But will surely be able to help you see your target ahead of time. This will help you prepare on your shot accurately, wasting no time.
Benefits Of Investing In A Great Headlamp For Camping
Campgrounds can be fun, but it can get a little dangerous, especially at night. The reason behind this is because you won’t be able to see at night. You might trip over logs or spikes, or you may even come across a wild animal. But with your headlamp, you will be able to see what’s ahead of you.
Benefits Of Investing In A Great Headlamp For Running
Running at night is fun because there’s less traffic, plus it will help you sleep soundly at night. But it can be challenging since your vision will be limited since it’s already dark. Fortunately, headlamps are here to help you see through the night while running. It will light your path and see what’s ahead of you. Plus, this will help you keep safe and avoid anything that you think might put you in danger.
How To Decide Which Headlamp Is Best For You
The lumens or the brightness of the light is one of the most important things that you should check when purchasing a headlamp. Lumen is a way to measure the light properly. For instance, aa LED light with 8 to 12 watts is packed with 800 lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the headlamp will be. Of course, if you don’t need something that is too bright, you may opt for a lower lumen as it will also protect your eyes.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp -350 Lumens
- Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp -300 Lumens
- SLONIK CREE LED Headlamp -1000 Lumens
- Vont LED Headlamp With White-Red LEDs -160 Lumens
- Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp -1,000 Lumens
- C Caloics Rechargeable LED Headlamp -5000 Lumens
- DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019 -1080 Lumens
- Cobiz Brightest Headlamp -6000 Lumens
- GRDE Super Bright LED Headlamp -1800 Lumens
- MsForce Rechargeable Headlamo Flashlight -12000 Lumens
Beam Type – Quality And Shape Of Light
The type of beam is essential because it will help you know if you will be getting the light into the object that you want it to be. It also helps control the distribution of the light, so it can focus on your target if your hunting. This is also ideal if you are running in the woods and you want to focus the beam towards the path you’re running at. So if the spacing is wide, this means that the beam is also wider. If the mounting height is higher, the beam will become narrower.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp -Wide Beam with a distance of 91 meters
- Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp -Spot High(73 meters), Spot Low(53 meters), Flood High(28 meters), Flood Low(10 meters)
- SLONIK CREE LED Headlamp -Wide Beam with a distance of 220 yards
- Vont LED Headlamp With White-Red LEDs -Flood Beam(200 meters), Spot beam(200 meters), Wide beam(200 meters)
- Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp -Spotlight beam with a distance of 100 to 200 feet
- C Caloics Rechargeable LED Headlamp -High Beam
- DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019 -Narrow to Long Range
- Cobiz Brightest Headlamp -High Beam -Low Beam -All Bright -Strobe
- GRDE Super Bright LED Headlamp -Full wide with a distance of up to 15 meters
- MsForce Rechargeable Headlamp Flashlight -Wide beam with a distance of 200 yards
The distance of the beam is also significant because it will help you said ahead of where you’re walking or running. You will be able to see if there are dangers ahead of you so you can avoid it. So always make sure to check the distance of the beam to avoid getting surprised with whatever’s ahead of you. This is most important if you are running so you know if you should turn around or move away from something ahead of you.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp -Beam with a distance of 91 meters
- Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp -Beam distance of 73 meters to 10 meters
- SLONIK CREE LED Headlamp -Beam with a distance of 220 yards
- Vont LED Headlamp With White-Red LEDs -Beam with a distance of 200 meters
- Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp -Beam with a distance of 100 to 200 feet
- C Caloics Rechargeable LED Headlamp -Beam with a distance of 100 meters
- DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019 -Beam with a distance of 100-120 meters
- Cobiz Brightest Headlamp -Beam with a distance of 50 meters
- GRDE Super Bright LED Headlamp -Beam with a distance of up to 15 meters
- MsForce Rechargeable Headlamp Flashlight -Beam with a distance of 200 yards
Life Battery: Battery Size
The life battery is also essential since you need something that will last for an extended period of time. You need a battery that will last the entire night or something that you will be able to use for a couple of night. The size is also essential because a headlamp is worn on the head, as the name says. A headlamp with a big battery pack might be too uncomfortable for you. It will only add weight to the headlamp that you are wearing. So the best thing that you can do is to choose something that is lighter in weight so you will feel comfortable with your outdoor activities.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp -Uses Triple A Batteries(120 hours for every 350 lumens)
- Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp -Uses three triple A Alkaline batteries(150 hours for every 300 lumens)
- SLONIK CREE LED Headlamp -Rechargeable 2200mAh Battery(8 hours in low mode)
- Vont LED Headlamp With White-Red LEDs -Uses three triple A batteries(6 hours for every 160 lumens)
- Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp -Uses three double A batteries or can also be recharged using an external charger(30 hours for every 1000 lumens)
- C Caloics Rechargeable LED Headlamp -3000mAh rechargeable batteries(10 hours for every 5000 lumens)
- DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019 -Rechargeable batteries(9 hours for every 1080 Lumens)
- Cobiz Brightest Headlamp -Uses two double A batteries or 3200mAh 18650 battery(8 hours for every 6000 Lumens)
- GRDE Super Bright LED Headlamp -Rechargeable batteries(10 hours for every 1800 Lumens)
- MsForce Rechargeable Headlamo Flashlight -Rechargeable batteries(5 hours for every 12000 Lumens)
You’ll never know what the weather will be like once you go out running or camping or even hunting — so ensuring that your headlamp will stay protected no matter what the weather like would be best. Choose an IPX rating that will keep your headlamp safe even if it rains, or also if you accidentally dropped it in the water. In this way, you will be assured that it will last long.
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 67
- Princeton Tec Remix LED Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 4
- SLONIK CREE LED Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 6
- Vont LED Headlamp With White-Red LEDs-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 5
- Outdoor Pro Gear Super Bright LED Headlamp-Not IPX rating
- C Caloics Rechargeable LED Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 5
- DanForce LED Headlamp Rechargeable 2019-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 45
- Cobiz Brightest Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 4
- GRDE Super Bright LED Headlamp-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 4
- MsForce Rechargeable Headlamo Flashlight-Has a waterproof rating of IPX 45
With all the information above on the best-LED headlamps for hunting, running, and camping, you surely now have an idea on what headlamps to choose for depending on your preferences. Whether you are looking for something that can help you see your target while you’re hunting or see your path while running, the headlamps above will surely help illuminate your surroundings.