Who should have a sump pump on hand? The answer is every home should have a sump pump where it can be accessed to handle any emergency. Most people have thought that they don’t need a sump pump if they don’t own a pool or fountain; others think that if they don’t live near a body of water they are not at risk for flooding. Ok, for those who have a fountain or pool, a sump pump is a must. Every home, no matter how far from water, is at risk for flooding. Flooding happens from ground water as well as burst or broken pipes. Every home should have a submersible sump pump handy; this will help you decide which one is perfect for you.
10 Best Dirty Water Sump Submersible Pump Reviews
1. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
This submersible sump pump is ideal for any home or business. It comes equipped with a 1/4-horsepower motor that offers enough power to release 30 gallons of water per minute. This pump is capable of lifting the water 25 feel in the air, vertically. It will also remove water to where you will only have 1/8 inch of water remaining. It is extremely compact where it can fit in an opening that is just 6 inches wide. The one year limited warranty offers you worry free purchasing power.
2. Superior Pump 92341 1/3 HP Cast Iron Sump Pump Side Discharge with Vertical Float Switch
This is another submersible sump pump that not only takes water up 25 feet vertically, but it can also suck up solids under 3/8 inch in diameter. The 92341 has a 1/3 horsepower motor that has the ability to suck out up to 46 gallons of water and solids per minute, or 2760 gallons per hour. This beast is sure to get even your biggest job done in no time. It also has a vertical float switch that will offer peak performance when working in narrow areas.
3. Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump
This cast iron submersible sump pump can handle just about any job both effectively and efficiently. This pump comes standard with a 1/3 horsepower motor that is capable of pumping out 50 gallons of water per minute as well as solids that are up to 10-Inch inch diameter. It can pump straight up 20 feet while using the efficient design of the motor to reduce energy costs by 40%. The small design lets the pump be in areas with only a 10-inch diameter so it can pump water out of the smallest spaces. The 3-year manufacturers warranty is one of the best on the market.
4. Liberty Pumps 287 1/2-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 280-Series Automatic Submersible Sump Pump
This is the pump of all sump pumps. It has a high-powered 1/2-horse motor that can handle even the toughest job. Rated at being able to pump out 67 gallons per minute with a maximum head of 37 feet, it can go anywhere and do anything. Like most other submersible sump pumps, this has the 10 foot water resistant cord, but the Liberty also has a quick disconnect so if the cord does become damaged, it is easily replaceable.
5. Zoeller 98-0001 115-Volt 1/2 Horse Power Model M98 Flow-Mate Automatic Cast Iron Single Phase Submersible Sump
The Zoeller Flow Mate with 1/2 horsepower motor is made entirely of cast iron; making it extremely durable even when submersed in water. This sump pump can evacuate 72 gallons of water per minute or spherical solids up to 1/2-inch. Where most manufacturers offer a 10-foot cord, Zoeller offers a 3-prong, 15 foot water resistant cord.
6. Zoeller 57-0001 M57 Basement High Capacity Sump Pump
The M57 offers hope to those who are suffering from a flooded basement. It has a 1/3-horse motor and can pass solids that are under 1/2-inch. It is made from stainless steel and is coated with a corrosion resistant, powder coated epoxy finish that reduces the chance of damage to the pump due to the extremities of the flood and toxins that may be in the water. The square ring between the motor and the pump housing is made of a watertight neoprene so the delicate parts in the motor will never be touched by water.
7. Wayne 57729-WYNP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
The Wayne is specially designed for those who are at higher risk for flooding. The iSwitch technology senses when there is water and automatically turns the pump on. When the water is gone, it turns it off. Additionally, when the temperature hits freezing, the iSwitch will also turn it off to prevent the pump from freezing. It also comes standard with a base that filters out solids and debris so they won’t get stuck in the pump or motor.
8. Wayne EE980 Energy Efficient 3/4 HP Submersible Stainless Steel/Cast Iron Sump Pump
This pump offers a 3/4 horsepower motor that is capable of pumping 4600 gallons of water per hour. Between the cast iron pump housing and the long lasting ceramic seals, the durability of this pump surpasses the competition. The automatic float switch is ideal when you need it to shut off automatically when it is done doing its job.
9. Wayne Water Systems VIP50 1/2 HP 2,500 GPH Submersible Utility Water Pump
10. Wayne 58321-WYN3 Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump with Vertical Float Switch
This sump pump is made entirely of cast iron and stainless steel, making it extremely durable and resistant to any corrosion or rust. The suction design in this pump completely eliminates air locks and clogging while the 3/4 horsepower motor offers a flow rate of 3500 gallons per minute with 10 feet of vertical discharge.
Everybody should have a sump pump at the ready for any emergency that may arise. These pumps are durable, efficient and effective and will remove your standing water whether you need to get all of your water out of your pool or your basement.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Dirty Water Sump Submersible Pump Reviews
- 1. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
- 2. Superior Pump 92341 1/3 HP Cast Iron Sump Pump Side Discharge with Vertical Float Switch
- 3. Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump
- 4. Liberty Pumps 287 1/2-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 280-Series Automatic Submersible Sump Pump
- 5. Zoeller 98-0001 115-Volt 1/2 Horse Power Model M98 Flow-Mate Automatic Cast Iron Single Phase Submersible Sump
- 6. Zoeller 57-0001 M57 Basement High Capacity Sump Pump
- 7. Wayne 57729-WYNP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
- 8. Wayne EE980 Energy Efficient 3/4 HP Submersible Stainless Steel/Cast Iron Sump Pump
- 9. Wayne Water Systems VIP50 1/2 HP 2,500 GPH Submersible Utility Water Pump
- 10. Wayne 58321-WYN3 Submersible Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Sump Pump with Vertical Float Switch