Choosing the best cordless remote control picture lights comes with its own set of challenges. From brightness to batteries you have to know what will work for you and why.
In our reviews, we break down exactly what to expect from each light, giving you all the information you need so you buy the right light for your needs.
1. Concept Lighting 302L Cordless LED Remote Control Picture Light, 18″, Antique Brass with Silver undertones
This provides a very bright light of up to 120 Lumens. An all metal housing and takes 8 C batteries, and 2 AAA batteries for the wireless remote. This light is fine on artwork as the LEDS give off no heat or harmful UV rays. You can expect to get around 80 hours of use on the brightest setting, or if you use it sparingly in 4-5 hour increments that goes up to 120 hours of use. The unit can be controlled from the wireless remote or from the unit itself. Mount it on your picture frame or wall with a very easy installation of either.
Rated with a 2700 Kelvin color temperature that matches natural sunlight. Your artwork is safe with this light. Clocking in at 450 lumens, this light can get very bright. The adjustable dimmer gives you the right amount of control for when you need it. This is a corded light, but installs easily to a wall or picture frame. The cord is around 10 feet long and comes with a remote as well.
3. Rite Lite LPL601XLDBZRC battery operated Super Bright LED Picture Light
This 13 inch wide light is capable of up to 70 lumens. It has a screw mount bracket and attaches to the wall, not the frame. Taking 3 AAA batteries, if you need a light that isn’t going to get a lot of use then this is a good choice. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself replacing the batteries very often under heavy use. The remote is wireless with a simple on/off function. There’s a dimmable switch located on the unit.
4. Concept 102L Cordless Remote Control LED Picture Light- 11 1/2 inch Antique Brass With Silver Undertones
This metal, batterie power light can last up to 150 hours of normal 4-5 hours of use. It’s 11.5″ wide and takes 4 D Batteries. It can extend between 3.5″ and 5.75″ out from the wall. The warm white SMD LEDS are dimmable and safe for artwork. No heat or harmful UV rays come from these LEDS. The remote can control mutliple units, so if you plan on getting a few that will come in handy. If you plan on mounting it to the picture frame keep in mind the batteries add some weight. It can mount to the wall as a better option. This is a great light for pictures up to 3 feet wide.
5. Cocoweb 30 inch Gold LED Tru-Slim Gallery Lamp – SLED30GD
This is a great light if you’re willing to shell out the extra money. It can get very bright at 650 lumens and the light itself is 30 inches wide. There is a dimmer that comes with this light, so you can adjust the brightness to your needs. The shade angle can also be adjusted as well, so configuring the light to how you like it is a breeze. Keep in mind this is a corded light which can be mounted to your wall or picture frame with an easy installation. Its gold finish can really tie a room together and is perfect for any artwork you because the LEDS are UV and mercury free.
This black light is cordless and 11.5 inches wide. The warm white SMD LEDS are safe as they don’t give off any heat or UV rays. It takes 4 D batteries so you might want to mount it to the wall instead of your picture frame. It comes with a remote control as well and can control multiple lights.
7. LED Remote Control Picture Light Cordless –Light Antique Brass Hue – For pictures up to 3 feet wide- Safe for artwork – No UV and NO Heat – Solid Steel Frame 1.3 lbs – Dimmer included
This light has a solid steel from and weighs about 1.3 lbs. As is the standard for all the lights in our guide, this is UV and heat free, keeping your artwork safe from harm. It takes 4 D batteries and you can operate it with the remote control easily. The feature you might find neat is the 4 stage dimming capabilities. Adjust your light from the included remote with ease and to your liking. This lamp is ideal for pictures under 20 inches in width.
Compact in size, this is great for small frames because of its size(7 3/4″). It takes 3 C batteries and should last around 80 hours on the highest brightness. Expect more out of this light if you use it sparingly or in short durations. It comes with a remote control that can turn it on and off and dimm the light. You can mount it to your wall or picture frame itself with a very easy installation.
9. LED Remote Control Picture Light Cordless – Matte Black Finish – For pictures up to 3 feet wide- Safe for artwork – No UV and NO Heat – Solid Steel Frame 1.3 lbs – Dimmer included
This light shines in with up to 96 lumens. It comes equipped with a four stage dimmer, giving you control over just how much light you want. Get up to 100 hours of battery life out of this light, and more if you use it sparingly in 4-5 hour sessions. It takes 4 batteries making it a light you probably want mount into a wall instead of your frame. It’s 11.5 inches wide making it a good choice for pictures up to around 24 inches in width.
Control multiple lights from one remote control. Each light is capable of up to 100 hours on the brightest setting. The warm wight SMD LEDS are safe for artwork and give off no UV or heat. It’s around 11.5 inches wide and can be mounted to the frame or your artwork. Keep in mind that because it takes 4 D batteries it can weigh down your picture. Expect up to 150 hours of use out of this light if you use it sparingly. It comes with a nice finish that will definitely complement any room you choose to use it in.
We’ve covered a lot of cordless remote control picture lights but the one that really stands out is Concept Lighting 302L Cordless LED Remote Control Picture Light, 18″, Antique Brass with Silver undertones.
It’s wider at 18 inches but works great even on smaller pieces of art because of its adjustable dimmer. It’s capable of up to 120 lumens so you can get a good variety of brightness with the dimmer, making it one of the most versatile cordless remote control picture lights.
Hooking it up to your frame or wall is very easy and can be done quickly. In 4-5hour increments you can expect this light to give you plenty of life, up 120 hours, and more if you use it sparingly. From the brightness to the beautiful design it will complement your room and picture nicely and will serve as a focal point when people walk in.
Table of Contents
- 1. Concept Lighting 302L Cordless LED Remote Control Picture Light, 18″, Antique Brass with Silver undertones
- 2. Cocoweb 16-inch Black Brass LED Tru-Slim Picture Light – SLED16BK
- 3. Rite Lite LPL601XLDBZRC battery operated Super Bright LED Picture Light
- 4. Concept 102L Cordless Remote Control LED Picture Light- 11 1/2 inch Antique Brass With Silver Undertones
- 5. Cocoweb 30 inch Gold LED Tru-Slim Gallery Lamp – SLED30GD
- 6. Concept Lighting 103L Cordless LED Picture Light, 11.5-Inch
- 7. LED Remote Control Picture Light Cordless –Light Antique Brass Hue – For pictures up to 3 feet wide- Safe for artwork – No UV and NO Heat – Solid Steel Frame 1.3 lbs – Dimmer included
- 8. Concept Lighting 202L Cordless Remote Control LED Picture Light Antique Brass, Small
- 9. LED Remote Control Picture Light Cordless – Matte Black Finish – For pictures up to 3 feet wide- Safe for artwork – No UV and NO Heat – Solid Steel Frame 1.3 lbs – Dimmer included
- 10. Concept Lighting 105L Cordless LED Picture Light, 11.5-Inch, Satin Nickel